The University of Pittsburgh Emergency Medicine Residency currently offers its residents the following salaries and benefits:
|Year||Salary 2016-2017||Vacation||Education Allowance|
|PGY-1||$ 54,557||Three Weeks||$ 1,800|
|PGY-2||$ 56,178||Three Weeks||$ 1,800|
|PGY-3||$ 57,265||Three Weeks||$ 1,800|
All residents receive the following benefits:
- Health Insurance: UPMC Health Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance (amount equal to the even thousand dollars above the annual stipend)
- Medical malpractice insurance by Tri-Century Insurance
- Paid short-term disability of up to twelve weeks of complete disability; long-term disability insurance coverage
- EMRA/ACEP dues paid annually
- SAEM dues paid annually
- Residents whose research is accepted for presentation at a state or national meeting are eligible for financial support from the residency to attend the conference and present their research.
Each resident in the University of Pittsburgh Emergency Medicine Residency must sign a training contract. A reappointment contract must be signed at the beginning of each successive year. To view the contracts and summary, click on the text below.