Information for Foreign Medical Graduates

The University Health Center of Pittsburgh (UHCP) sponsors international medical graduates (IMG's) on J-1 clinical visas through the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates(ECFMG). In order for the GME office to sponsor IMGs, individuals must provide the following:

  1. A valid copy of their ECFMG certificate.
  2. A letter from the Ministry of Health in their home country. Please see the ECFMG website for details.
  3. A check for $275.00 made payable to ECFMG.

If you have any additional questions, please contact the University Health Center of Pittsburgh Graduate Medical Education Office at (412) 647-5819.

As with U.S. graduates, we accept applications only through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). More information can be obtained through the ERAS web page.

The deadline for applications is October 31st and the following are required:

  • Dean's Letter
  • Official medical school transcript
  • Three letters of recommendation
  • USMLE transcript
  • Photo¬†