Ultrasound Foreign Medical Graduate Applicants

Graduates of medical schools outside the United States and Canada must either have a currently valid certificate from the ECFMG or have a current full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in Pennsylvania. The University Health Center of Pittsburgh (UHCP) sponsors international medical graduates (IMG's) on J-1 clinical visas through the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG). In order for the GME office to sponsor IMGs, individuals must provide the following:

A valid copy of their ECFMG certificate;
A letter from the Ministry of Health in their home country. Please see the ECFMG website for details;
A check for $275.00 made payable to ECFMG.

If you have any additional questions, please contact the University Health Center of Pittsburgh Graduate Medical Education Office at (412) 647-5819. As with U.S. graduates, we accept applications only through the EUSFellowships.com website & fellows are selected only through the NRMP.

In addition to your application through the EUSFellowships.com website the following are required:

Dean's Letter
Official medical school transcript
Three letters of recommendation
USMLE transcript