UPMC Shadyside had its beginnings in 1866 as the “Homeopathic Medical and Surgical Hospital and Dispensary” in downtown Pittsburgh. The hospital moved to the Shadyside section of the city in 1910 and became part of UPMC in 1997. UPMC Shadyside is a 520-bed tertiary care hospital that offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, oncology, orthopedics, geriatrics, vascular medicine, and endocrinology.
The UPMC Shadyside Emergency Department (ED) sees more than 50,000 patients each year. The ED partners with colleagues in cardiology, palliative care, case management and primary care to create pathways for patients to receive rapid diagnostics, appropriate follow-up and necessary support for at-home care. Shadyside ED is also the primary referral site for hematologic and oncologic emergencies.
Click here to visit UPMC Shadyside's official website.